Verbal reasoning questions are not designed to measure
your facility with the English. They are designed to test your
ability to take a series of facts expressed in words and to
understand and manipulate the information to solve a specific
Employers use verbal reasoning questions to gain an insight
into whether you have the key intellectual skills that are the
foundation for success in a managerial position. Consequently,
these questions are usually restricted to graduate and management
Sample Verbal Reasoning Questions
- Pedro goes either hunting or fishing every day. If it is
snowing & windy then Pedro goes hunting. If it is sunny and not
windy then Pedro goes fishing. Sometimes it can be snowing and
Which of the following statements must be true:
- If it is not sunny and it is snowing then Pedro goes
- If it is windy and Pedro does not go hunting then it is
- If it is windy and not sunny then Pedro goes hunting.
- If it is windy and sunny then Pedro goes hunting.
- If it is snowing and sunny then Pedro goes hunting.
- The cost of manufacturing tractors in Korea is twenty
percent less than the cost of manufacturing tractors in Germany.
Even after transportation fees and import taxes are added, it is
still cheaper to import tractors from Korea to Germany than to
produce tractors in Germany.
Which of the following assertions is best supported by this
- Labor costs in Korea are twenty percent below those in
- Importing tractors into Germany will eliminate twenty
percent of the manufacturing jobs in Germany.
- The costs of transporting a tractor from Korea to Germany
is more than twenty percent of the cost of manufacturing the
tractor in Korea.
- The import taxes on a tractor imported from Korea to
Germany is less than twenty percent of the cost of
manufacturing the tractor in Germany.
- It takes twenty percent less time to make a tractor in
Korea than it does in Germany.
- In 1695 about 11,400 doctors who had treated plague
sufferers died and about 23,670 doctors who had not treated
plague sufferers died. On the basis of these figures, it can be
concluded that it was more dangerous for doctors not to
participate in the treatment of plague sufferers than it was for
them to participate in it.
Which of the following statements would cast most doubt on the
- Expressing the difference between the numbers of deaths
among doctors who had treated plague sufferers and doctors who
had not treated plague suffers as a percentage of the total
number of deaths.
- Examining the death rates for doctors in the years before
and after 1695.
- Separating deaths due to natural causes during the
treatment of plague suffers from deaths caused by other
- Comparing death rates per thousand members of each group
rather than comparing total numbers of deaths.
- The figures quoted may vary by plus or minus ten percent
from the actual figures.
- There are 900 bottles to be filled. Jim and Molly working
independently but at the same time take 30 minutes to fill the
bottles. How long should it take Molly working by herself to
fill the bottles?
Statement 1 -
Molly fills half as many bottles as Jim.
Statement 2 -
Jim would take 45 minutes by himself.
Which of the statements above make it possible to answer the
- Statement 1 alone is sufficient, but statement 2 alone is
- Statement 2 alone is sufficient, but statement 1 alone is
- Both statements together are sufficient, but neither statement alone is sufficient.
- Each statement alone is sufficient.
- Statements 1 and 2 together are not sufficient.
- Of the teams competing in the world archery championships,
twenty percent are from Europe. Half as many are from the United
States and one twentieth are from Africa. What fraction of teams
are from neither Europe, the US or Africa.
Answers to sample verbal
It is not always easy to assess whether someone has the ability
to interpret information in an analytical way and to make sound
judgments based on their conclusions. This is particularly true if
individuals are applying for their first management job and do not
have a track record of successful decision making. Critical
reasoning questions require you to demonstrate your ability to
make logical decisions and even to recognize that insufficient
data has been provided for a definitive answer to be reached, as
would be the case in many real-life situations.
Download sample verbal Reasoning questions.
You may also be interested in:
Where can I get sample verbal ability questions?
Where can I get sample spelling questions?
Where can I get sample word meaning questions?
Where can I get sample word relationship questions?
Where can I get sample verbal comprehension questions?
Where can I get sample verbal critical reasoning questions?
Where can I get verbal reasoning example questions?
Where can I get a verbal reasoning comprehension exercise?