Questions on electricity usually take the form of simple
These diagrams are usually restricted to showing the power
source, switches, loads (typically bulbs), and the path of the
wiring. To answer these questions you need a basic understanding
of how electricity flows around a circuit.
1. How many switches need to be closed to light up one bulb?
2. How many bulbs will light up when the switch is closed?
3. If bulb 1 is removed, how many bulbs will light up when the
switch is closed?
Answer to Question
1. B – Two switches need to be closed to complete a circuit.
2. D – All 4 bulbs will light up.
3. B – Only bulbs 2 and 4 will light up.
Mechanical Reasoning Tests >